Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Time to push

I went to the gym wiht Nate, the guy I train with, sunday morning. We did a lot of lifting specifically with the legs. I did probably pushed myself to hard but oh well the thing that made it worse was I had to work and I ended up standing for six hours straight. Then Nate convinced to head over to wartburg to try training with some news guys. I ended up sparring with one of them who was a college level wrestler. My stand up and striking was supiorer but as soon as we hit the ground he was moving. It wasn't anything serious just some light work. Then I paired up with the guy who seemed to already know me. I guess what had happened was that Nate had asked this guy to test me. When we started I expected some light sparring what I got was a right hook to the ear and a knee to the kidney. I saw him going for a spinning kick so I drove in close and lifted him to slam but he spun in the air and ended up mounted across my chest. I was on the receving end of some nasty hits. This experience has shown me that i've been being to easy during my training sessions. Its time to turn it up. To push harder. I know I can do it.

Another great thing is that I'm going to winterfest with some one. I really hope this works out.

~Jerod.

No comments: