Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Who I am

The following is a piece taken from my journal. Now please realize that I wrote this when I was going through a lot. Just bare that in mind while reading.

Part 1

I'm a lot of things. I don't even know who the hell I really am. But this is what I do know. It's late. The witching hour. The others slumber peacefully in the neighboring. Their dreams carry them on to great adventures and wonders. To the ends of bottomless oceans, over the highest peaks, and on to mornings first light. I don't wish to see where my own 'dreams' take me. I've seen terrors and committed atrocities beyond imagination. They are the demons of the night. The teeth and claw in the night. The monsters of the realm within my own mind. They sometimes appear in the day, trying to persuade me to do something horrible, but they prefer the shadows.
I think it was in the sixth grade that my 'innocence' was eroded. I started to learn things. I don't mean school, I mean reality. My eyes were opened and I saw the pain there, ready to reap. It started with a phone call. My father seemed upset while on the phone. I heard enough to know it was bad. I remember hearing a name: Larry Woods. I would never forget that name.
I would later learn that he had been the man that had killed my mother when I was one year old. He had escaped from jail.. Now that hit me hard. I didn't know why that the man who killed my mother, that took my very future away from me would be allowed to walk free.. That would be the first of the difficulties I would go through over the next two years.

~Jerod~

No comments: