Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Am the Nightmare

Do you ever wonder if your dreams or nightmares are what you really are? I hope to god thats not true. Most nights are the same. Pain, horror, waking up in a pool of my own sweat. It frightens me to even think back on those nights. But its not like they happen every night. I used to have them near every night. I am curious as to why I have them. Does the person make the dream or does the dream make the person.

I am the beholder of the Nightmare
I wonder why the they chose me
I hear their mocking laughter
I see them coming closer
I want them to go away

I pretend they aren't there
I feel their breath on my neck
I touch their claws reaching for me
I worry they will get loose
I cry as they come closer

I understand I have them for a reason
I say they will fail
I dream they go away
I try to call out
I hope some will answer..
I am the beholder of the Nightmare

No comments: