Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tanka

Evening cemetery
Only the clouds linger
Graves gone silent
Decayed roses scattered
Darkness falls and all are gone.

Carefully I tread
Trying so hard to be brave
I conceal my fear
Dark clouds hide me from their eyes
As my own eyes flood with tears.


I have heard the call
Of hopeful bliss in the wind
I move on through pain
Hopeing to find salvation
In her arms that shine with truth.

Snow dissapearing
Into cracks of endless time
There it waits until
It is drawn back to the sky
Just to be pushed down again.

Part of me will not
Follow what is told to be
My eyes open wide
I know what must be done now
I cut free from their pitiless stares.

I know what I've done
You expect all my sorrow
But the lies are done
You expect my sympathy
You'll soon see what I can do.

Fears of darkest night
Domain high above us all
Weeping and sorrow
Dark side of the moon on us
Just waiting for dawns first light.

Petals blown away
A naked rose in the dark
Thorns ablaze with hate
Yet my eyes still see clearly
The beauty of its petals.

No comments: