Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughts from a friend who is learning to care

I've been through things that turned my heart black. All I felt was hate, fear, and regret. I did things that I'll never forget. But I also have to wonder, what would I be like now if I hadn't gone through those things? Would I even be me?

When it comes down to it we're all worried that what we're doing is the wrong thing. We feel as if we should just go on. Try to keep things from falling apart. But that doesn't always work.

When my life started to turn to pieces I felt as if I had to hold onto what ever I could. I didn't realize the best thing for me was to let go.

Some times It's hard. Others may think you're just quiting or giving in. They might think one thing is best for you and you might even start to think that way to. But the only sound advise we can ever get is from our heart. No one knows you like you know yourself. Just go with what you feel.

But now I'm preaching. And I don't even know if this advice will work. It helped me and all I can do is guide. Your friends will always be there to help you up but you have to walk for yourself.

I'm still learning to walk. I've got along ways to go before I will be ready but I know I'm in a better place then I've ever been before. I have more friends that would help me now then ever before.

In the end we just have to think of who we actually are. Don't worry about where your path may end, because I promise no matter how far you fall you'll have friends waiting for you.



~~~~~~~~
When your stuck along the side of the road with a flat, just give me a jingle.

~Jerod~

No comments: