Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Turn the corner

I remember when I was vacationing in Louisiana one year, where I will be returning on monday for seven days, back to the story.. I was about seven years old. I was at my grandpas with just my aunt there. I had wanted to go out to get my game boy from the car but it looked like it was about to start raining and I didn't want to get wet. My aunt took me to the door and she knelt down next to me and said, "Jerod, your mother once said to me, 'You only get one chance at something. Sure a second opportunity may come up but it won't ever be the same as that one chance that you skipped. You'll never know what you missed.'

She smiled at me and opened the door. It was pooring rain out. I ran to the car laughing the whole time. Grabbed my bag and walked back to the house enjoying the rain. When I got back I sat down and just looked out the window at the puddles forming on the ground. Thats one of the only memories I remember from that long ago. And you know what? It looks like rain and I can't stop smiling. If there was a chance in a million I'd take it.

~=)~

No comments: